Monday, August 13, 2007

Gut check

On a whim, I decided to attend a Root 66 MTB race yesterday to see how the form was coming along. I had trainied pretty hard the week before including Saturday, so I wasn't expecting much. Well, I didn't get much except for a kick in the head. I had a lousy start and got tangled with a couple other guys. I watched Myette's group ride off into the sunset. I got into the singletrack in around 10th or 11th and picked off 4 or 5 guys by the end of lap 1. I got another guy at the start of lap two (of three) and was in around 5th - 6th. Then, I tanked it pretty hard on sweetly-burmed fast turn. I kept thinking "no brakes, no brakes" but I think I feathered the front brake a bit and down I went. It rung my bell pretty good. I got up, dusted myself off and got going, but the power wasn't there and I started to get a really bad headache. I packed it in. I got in 35 minutes of pretty good intensity, so that was a plus. And the legs actually felt pretty good.

Rest day today and then another good week of training.

I swear I wasn't checking her out...


1 comment:

hangeng said...

If you are interested in buying a designer handbag thomas sabo charm club anhänger
you’ll need to visit a retailer who sells them. thomas sabo engelsflügel
These are generally specialty boutiques. thomas sabo armband
Another venue for purchasing designer ladies handbags anhänger kette
is from online retailers. There are many websites angebote thomas sabo ohrschmuck
that sell brand name designer ladies handbags and will ship ohrringe creolen
them right to your door. This often affords the consumer angebote thomas sabo uhren
the biggest selection and it also allows a chance to Armband mit Anhänger
compare prices. It’s important to be careful when purchasing a quality thomas sabo shop
designer bag in this way because you’ll want to be wary of imitations.