Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Soggy intervals

It poured today. Stress "today" as in earlier today. By 5:00 it was sprinkling. I had a key threshold workout on the schedule. 3x 15min intervals with 5 minute recovery between each. I started out as not being very Belgian. I set my bike on the trainer. Did my 15 minute warm up. Did my first interval, all the while looking outside. Eff this. In the 5 minute recovery time, I got suited up, threw on the Belgian Knee Warmers (a smear of Sportblam Medium) and got out on the road like a real cross racer should. Did my last 30 minutes of work and rode home happier than a climber on the podium in Spain.

4 comments:

crossnut.com said...

You're a better man than I. I did 1-hour interval sesh on the trainer yesterday, while the rain pattered on the bulkhead... (not that I could hear it once I got started.)

I'm spending too much time on the Devil Machine, even on some days when I could be outside without too much trouble. - Will I regret it in December?

Anyway, better weather today - going for a ride with the kids!

Moveitfred said...

That's one of those euro guy-kiss things, no?

zank said...

That's the most intimate podium kiss I recall seeing. Hopefully JJ will supply some enthusiastic podium girls at Sucker Brrok this weekend.

hangeng said...

If you are interested in buying a designer handbag thomas sabo charm club anhänger
you’ll need to visit a retailer who sells them. thomas sabo engelsflügel
These are generally specialty boutiques. thomas sabo armband
Another venue for purchasing designer ladies handbags anhänger kette
is from online retailers. There are many websites angebote thomas sabo ohrschmuck
that sell brand name designer ladies handbags and will ship ohrringe creolen
them right to your door. This often affords the consumer angebote thomas sabo uhren
the biggest selection and it also allows a chance to Armband mit Anhänger
compare prices. It’s important to be careful when purchasing a quality thomas sabo shop
designer bag in this way because you’ll want to be wary of imitations.