Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Much junk in the trunk

Today, I was supposed to do one of my favorite workouts. One hour at tempo with a 10 second sprint every 3rd minute. I usually have a lot of fun with this one, because it's fast and I am constantly trying to get the peak watts number up higher on each succesive sprint. I felt tight and labored even during my warm up. I gave it a go, but 15 minutes in I was fighting to keep the watts over 200. The target was 225-240. And the sprints were barely breaking 900 watts. I am usually at 1050-1100. Canton chewed me up pretty good I guess. I backed off, enjoyed the crisp autumn air and took in the sunset. Not a bad day on the bike. But really...is there ever a bad day on the bike? Think REALLY hard before you answer that one. Barring crashes and accidents, I would take a horrendous day on the bike over lots of other things...

4 comments:

Colin R said...

You're not the only one who's cooked. I was supposed to do a hill workout this morning... yeah that didn't really work. Instead I enjoyed the exquisite combination of totasted legs, sweaty body and frigid extremities that comes at 40 degrees and rode home.

It was pretty close to a bad day on the bike.

craig said...

The wise man knows when to take a nap.

CTodd said...

The day I cracked my collarbone: Kind of a bad day on the bike.

So in answer to your "ever" question: Yes. There can be bad days. They are just rare. Very rare.

hangeng said...

If you are interested in buying a designer handbag thomas sabo charm club anhänger
you’ll need to visit a retailer who sells them. thomas sabo engelsflügel
These are generally specialty boutiques. thomas sabo armband
Another venue for purchasing designer ladies handbags anhänger kette
is from online retailers. There are many websites angebote thomas sabo ohrschmuck
that sell brand name designer ladies handbags and will ship ohrringe creolen
them right to your door. This often affords the consumer angebote thomas sabo uhren
the biggest selection and it also allows a chance to Armband mit Anhänger
compare prices. It’s important to be careful when purchasing a quality thomas sabo shop
designer bag in this way because you’ll want to be wary of imitations.